Our power and impact arise from the fact that the Financial Empowerment Network partners with organizations across sectors throughout Washington.
In 2021, 100% of respondents felt better able to address the financial situations of their clients or community members after attending a FEN workshop, and 90% felt better able to address their own financial situations
We have big, audacious goals! We want low- and moderate-income individuals and families, un- and under-banked, and other historically marginalized individuals and communities to achieve increased financial wellness. For FEN, this means they will:
- Have an increased knowledge and understanding of personal finance, financial systems, and their own relationship to their finances
- Feel more confident in their ability to successfully navigate financial systems
- Have increased access to safe and affordable financial products and services
- Be connected to appropriate and relevant programs, services and products to assist them in their journey of increasing their financial wellness
To get there, FEN uses a multi-pronged approach to support the integration of financial wellness into other products, programs & services offered by our nonprofit, social service, and financial institution partners. Our target audience is professionals in the field across sectors:
- Increased Financial Education Baseline: Practitioners have a baseline of financial knowledge, tools, & confidence to integrate financial wellness into their service delivery
- Economic Justice Framework: Practitioners have a stronger understanding of the structural and social issues that cause economic hardship for BIPOC, low-income, and other historically marginalized communities, and are better able to address issues of equity, financial inclusion, and financial wellness for all communities.
- Follow-up Support: Practitioners have access to ongoing continued financial education & resources for vetting credible information
- Resources, Referrals & Connections: Practitioners have a solid understanding of the products and services available across sectors, and continuous access to updated, credible referral resources
- Financial Wellness Program Development Support: Practitioners and their leadership have support available for identifying how, when and why to embed financial wellness services into their ongoing service delivery models